Jozi is filled with fun things to see and do with your kids in 2017. We have compiled a list of some of our favourties places and spaces to take your kids this year.
Situated in Ormonde, Gold Reef City theme park promises to be the best day out for you and your kids. Gold Reef City offers the most amazing rides, the biggest thrills and the best day out your kids will have in ages.
For the really young ones Gold Reef offers a wide range of fun rides such as Dragon Rides (a ride that moves up and down in circles), Safari Train Ride, Shongololo, Elephant Rides and whole lot more to keep them entertained for hours. The Theme Park comes complete with a spectacular 4D Theatre (kids must be accompanied by an adult.) Patrons can watch fantastical images spring to life in this immersive 4D experience.
Animal lovers can delight in the petting zoo, Dr Doolittle’s Farmyard. The petting zoo is open from 09H30-17H00 and is home to some furry and lovable farm creatures including ponies, horses, geese, emus, cows, goats and more.
Acrobranch is situated just outside Melrose Arch and is a a unique treetop experience for kids. Each course is designed with a variety of obstacles such as zip lines, swings, bridges and nets. This fun kid’s activity in Johannesburg allows young ones the opportunity to fly through the lush green forests and experience nature from the treetops.
At Acrobranch sessions last approx. 2 hours which includes harnessing, training as well as the time spent gliding through the beautiful forestry.
The following course options are available for kids:
- Acro Twigs – Perfect for kids aged from 3-6 years
- Tree Hugger- A more challenging beginners course for kids 7 and up
- Swinging Tarzan- A moderately difficult course for kids aged 10 and older
- High Flying- The most advanced of our courses for kids aged 13 and up
Acrobranch is the perfect setting for kid’s parties or just a fun day out with the family so ensure to book your next adventure with us.
The Sci-Bono Discovery Center is a world class science, math and technology centre in Newtown, Johannesburg. The Sci-Bono Center is all about learning and building South Africa’s science, engineering and technology capacity as well as stimulating our youth and making them excited about the world of science.
Sci-Bono Discovery Center is a non-profit organisation funded by the Gauteng Department of Education and receives hundreds and thousands of visitors annually.
The words ‘don’t touch’ don’t exist at Sci-Bono, with 400+ exhibits all children and visitors are encouraged to touch, feel, press and play. The center also hosts travelling exhibitions such as the world renowned Body Worlds – cycle of life exhibition. All exhibitions serve the single purpose of increasing awareness and interest in the field of science and technology.
The digital planetarium allows kids to explore space and celestial bodies. Let them learn through 3D movies and look up at the star filled universe through our software. The digital planetarium can hold approx. 30 people per show with the shows ranging from 30-45 minutes.
For a fun, educational and science filled day with your kids, visit us as Sci-Bono Discovery Center today and explore our wonderful exhibitions.
When you smile, we smile, this family restaurant is situated in the heart of Fourways, in Cedar Square Shopping Centre. Dad can relax whist drinking beer on tap, mom can sip happily on her wine whilst our child minders keep your kids entertained in the children's play area. The restaurant also offers Wi-Fi and cell phone charging stations for working parents.
Our menu has something for everyone, whether you are a health fanatic or looking to indulge in something more devilish. We offer fantastic designer breakfasts served until 12pm, delicious pizzas, pastas, meat dishes and delectable grills. For the sweet tooth we also provide a delicious assortment of cake and dessert options.
At Smile Café the kids come first and offer a massive, fun and safe playground full of jungle gyms, cricket nets, basketballs, mini soccer fields and lots of balls. The playground itself is in full view of the restaurant, in a sealed off area and all children are tagged on entrance to ensure their safety.
If you are looking for a family friendly establishement look no further, visit the Smile Cafe!
The Montecasino Bird Park is situated just outside the main Montecasino complex, in walking distance from the Fourways Farmers market. The bird park is full of wonderful wildlife and beautiful birds, reptiles and mammals from around the world. Spend the day with your kids walking along the magical walkways and exploring magnificent gardens.
The Montecasino Bird Park has a walk though aviary which is home to over 60 species of birds and Nicobar pigeons, antelope and small mammals. On weekdays (11am and 3pm) and weekends (11am, 1pm and 3pm) we host the colourful and talented bird shows which captivates and astounds both kids and parents alike.
Features at Montecasino Bird Park include:
- South African Cycad’s – the Bird Garden contains the largest diverse private collection of Cycads worldwide, with over 750 plants from 37 species.
- SA Ground Hornbills – we are affiliated with the Mabula Ground-Hornbill conservation project. All donations from our bird show go toward the preservation of these magical birds.
- Parrot Gallery – See our stunning variety of wonderful Macaws and Cockatoo’s that freely roam around in our Parrot Gallery.
- Frog room- the frog room contains a wide range of frogs, scorpions and spiders that will fascinate your kids (and yourselves.)
- Reptiles- The Montecasino Bird Park is also home to a range of reptiles and snakes such as the Boomslang and Annie, the world’s oldest female Anaconda in captivity.
- Walk-through Aviary – The aviary is home to over 60 species of birds, reptiles and mammals from around the world.
- Mammals- The Montecasino Bird Park is home to a range of mammals including Sloths, Meerkats, Red Duikers, Bats, Lemurs and more.
- Flamingo Café- our 90 seater restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a stunning selection of light meals, coffees and milkshakes after a fun day exploring the gardens.