Welcome to the West Coast Fossil Park! Situated in Langebaan, Western Cape we offer kids a great educational day out where they get to see fossils of cats, bears, giraffes and a range of fossils of other animals that date back to over 5 million years ago!
There are a range of great things to do at our park, we have highlighted some of the key attractions below:
- Guided tour to dig site: This is a guided tour of approx.. 45 minutes where you can see a range of fossils and excavations at our dig site.
- Coffee Shop: Relax at our coffee shop and enjoy some delicious eats and treats. You can also browse our gift shop.
- Children’s play park and picnic: Take the day out and enjoy a stunning picnic at the Fossil Park. Let kids explore the fossils while parents relax under one of our shaded picnic areas.
- Cycle trails: There are s range of cycle trails at the Fossil Park for both kids and parents to use. There are 4 trails in total ranging from 3.5 – 10km in distance. Cycle the trails and experience the beautiful fauna and flora in the park.
- Walking trail: Our 3.5 km walking trail is simply stunning. Walk along the old mine roads, a variety of bird species and the alien biological control research thicket, which used to be used to monitor plan protection by the University of Pretoria.
The Fossil Park is a perfect educational activity for kids as we offer a massive array of fossils for kids to look at and learn about. It’s truly a one of a kind experience that kids will find fascinating. Kids will learn about a range of animals including Hyenas, Giraffe’s, Wild Pigs, Elephants, Antelope, Hippos, Birds and much more by understanding more about their fossils and anatomy.
For a great family fossil day out, visit us at the Fossil Park for a truly magical experience.